Friday, April 13, 2007

Strange is the act of bare-backing

I had an interesting conversation with some friends last night about having un-protected sex. I am 55 years old and have never used a condom…(is it a black/Latino thing or machismo?), in these times of AIDS and HIV people are still playing Russian Roulette with the disease and I am guilty of it! Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not out there sucking dick or giving up ass every chance I get; (but I sure would like to, to some hairy ape), but I have on occasion fooled around with total strangers, not asking them for their HIV status, not using condoms and sharing sexual fluid. Should I be locked away? Should anybody so irresponsible be locked away from society?
“I don’t feel sorry for him at all! He got the disease! He knew what was out there!” lamented one of my friends. I lost a friend a couple of years ago when I repeated these same sentiments and was accused of being cold hearted and uncompassionate. How do you change one’s behavior? Why do I have unprotected sex with strangers? Is it I am so hard up that I’m happy to get sex when I can? Am I self-loathing? Is it t hat the guy is so hung, GL and hairy that I am put into a spell of irresponsiblity? Who Knows?

No comments: